Sunday, March 13, 2011

we got curtains day.

and the picture of the day is...
our friends enjoying my salsa! yay!
(pre-curtains)

(i also just decided that this is going to be short because the computer is acting up)

but im now going to show you one of the things i found at the wonderful peddlers mall yesterday.

these lovely curtains!
they match so well! i couldnt believe it.
but please ignore the fact that i didnt iron these before i put them up.
my mother would be so disappointed.

(i had previously bought the sheers along with the other curtains below at a yard sale. 
i figured i would be able to use them somehow.)


so today, my lovely husband ventured out with me to use some of his gift cards he got at his "man shower" to buy curtain rods. and boy did we not know what we were in store for. shopping for them rods is hard, let me tell you! and he was getting semi restless. but after we found the curtain rods- home depot hides those suckers good!- and then picked them out- those suckers are expensive!- we went home so i could put them up. needless to say J was worried about his drill and he quickly took it away and put the rods up for me. but he told me it was my turn when he was done.

what is cost to "curtain" two 87 inch windows:
(just a money tally for those budget conscious people out there- aka J)
yard sale curtains (6 sheer panels and 2 linen panels)- $20
peddlers mall polka dot panels- $14.75
curtain rods-$74.14 (on a gift card= free)
for a grand total of 
$34.75

this is just to show you how much better it looks with curtains! 
i know you all agree.

once again- hope yall enjoyed sunday aka the last day of this very short weekend.
and i hope the word curtains doesnt look funny to you now, because it does to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment